Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Temptation" - Selected for Mississauga 34th Annual Juried Show of Fine Arts Exhibition


"Temptation" - 10"x14" Watercolor on paper

Share on facebook

If you find the cantaloupe irresistible then you are not alone! My biggest complement for the painting came from a hungry little fly which had found its way in and kept trying to settle in on the painted cantaloupe. This proved to be the inspiration for the ladybug in the painting... See if you can find the tiny visitor!

This painting is now on exhibition in the Art Gallery Of Mississauga till Feb 25. I feel honored that it was among the 69 paintings selected out of a total of 206 as part of the 34th annual Juried Show of Fine Arts.

In this painting my goal has been to create an old world atmosphere of timeless beauty. The bronze vase reflects light falling from one corner of the room and the cracked walls complete the ambience. The ladybug brings balance in the composition, but she also tells the viewer that he has competition for the fruit guiding the viewer's attention towards the cantaloupe.

6 comments:

Nelvia said...

Oh Lela, how exciting and what a fabulous result. See I told you this was one you could really learn from.
Also, how lucky for us that you share with us your thoughts and techniquesand that we can rub shoulders with you.
Next thing is I am sure it will sell out of it's exposure. What a wonderful thing to add to your resume.

Lela Stankovic said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Nelvia!

Painting together with everyone is truly a learning experience for me as well... and I feel really happy that I have found friends like you in this journey who are so supportive!

Barbra Joan said...

Your work is totally unbelievable, it's that good ! Beautiful.!
thanks for your good thoughts . I really appreciate it. hugs, BJ

Lela Stankovic said...

Thank You so much Barbra. It means so much to me to hear these kind words and it really put me in high spirits. As an artist on this journey of discovery I really appreciate such kind support and encouragement.

Pragya Bhatnagar said...

Hi Lela, all your work is so beautiful, I really loved the intricacy & reflections on the vase & the background, your creation is simply wonderful.

Lela Stankovic said...

Thanks so much Pragya. I really appreciate that you visited my blog liked it. Thanks!

Post a Comment